Monday, October 14, 2013

MikMak Effects - Proof Of Concept

This is the last of the Mikmak posts, but the materials that I publish here, were the first things I have done in this production.
First of all,  MikMak : The Movie. Here is the Trailer.


Some Credit ought to be given to the projects Animation Director, Doron Meir. Doron knew that the movie required a lot of effects. Doron is among the few Israelis that have worked on classic animation features (Asterix and the Vikings) and an exceptional animator. Being familiar with my work he suggested that I create effects for the Movie. But...the bug guns had to be persuaded that classic animation effects require a special animator on board. Why cant anyone do it? so I fashioned 2 shots in order to demonstrate how classic animation effects, in the right shots, or as Doron addressed it- important storytelling shots in the film, can make a shot shine, as the effect itself, is a key player.
The first one was the monster. No doubt that the monster had a lot of impact on the story and its appearance on the adventure, beat and scare factor of the film.
so I tackled it as told.



As there were no time to correct things and it seemed enough for P.O.C, I overlooked many problems that needed be fixed if this was a real shot going to Post. I can see now many mistakes. the overall effect is too fast and I would alter some of the splashes, but...you need to know when to be productive.

The other shot was simple fire, I wanted to show how intimate and mesmerizing fire can be.


Well, as you know, it worked. I hoped somebody found these posts useful, and on to new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment